What you’ll learn:
- What the Health Graph is, how it works and what value it provides.
- How the RunKeeper app has used the Health Graph and RunKeeper.com to build a community of millions of fitness enthusiasts, engage users and increase revenue.
- How developers of apps, fitness sensors and websites can tap into the power of the Health Graph and RunKeeper.com to acquire new users and generate revenue.
You’re familiar with the concept of the social graph.
The social graph has evolved into the Open Graph.
The social graph has evolved into the Open Graph—a system of connections that includes not just personal relationships, but also your personal 'likes' and interests. Any website, individual or group that you 'like' is eligible for inclusion in your open graph.
But the Open Graph is still missing a few things…
- Changes to your body measurements over time—a 'like' relationship doesn't include a time factor.
- The impact of your activities, sleep patterns and nutrition on your health and body measurements.
- An analysis of the elements of your social graph that will help motivate you to reach your fitness goals.
That’s where the Health Graph comes into play!
In words, the Health Graph is…
- A system of individual health connections or interrelations - a digital map of your personal health.
- A record of the evolution of these items over time.
- Any body measurement stats and health/fitness related actions that impact your fitness and personal health are eligible for inclusion in your Health Graph.
What insight does the Health Graph provide?
- A snapshot of your current physical condition.
- A picture of how your health has evolved over time.
- An understanding of how your activities and behaviors correlate with changes in your health.
- Data about how your social interactions influence these changes in your activities and behaviors.
Imagine an app that…
- Identifies periods of weight loss in your fitness history.
- Establishes correlations between weight loss and nutrition, sleep, activity performance, social motivation, etc.
- Visually displays the relationship between these health data points.
|Data||Week of May 17th||Week of May 24th||Week of June 1st||Week of June 7th|
|Weight||180 lbs||182 lbs||176 lbs||169 lbs|
|Avg Daily Calories||3,400||3,500||2,400||2,300|
|Avg Daily Sleep||6 hrs||5 hrs||8 hrs||8 hrs|
|Avg Daily Activity Duration||15 mins||18 mins||30 mins||35 mins|
|Social Network Motivation||2 comments received||2 comments received||6 comments received||10 comments received|
So… who’s using the Health Graph now?
RunKeeper’s mobile app leveraged the power of the Health Graph and
RunKeeper.com to build a community of millions of fitness enthusiasts and increase revenue.
How is the RunKeeper mobile app using the Health Graph?
RunKeeper’s mobile app is built on the Health Graph. The Health Graph API is a portal to the Health Graph’s robust data set, and also provides access to the viral marketing resources and sales channels available on
How did the Health Graph and
RunKeeper.com help them grow?
Acquired millions of new users for free and fostered widespread app distribution by using
RunKeeper.com’s built-in social levers to publish content to the RunKeeper FitnessFeed and users’ social networks.
Increased device sales by leveraging the
RunKeeper.comFitnessFeed and access to users’ social networks to promote devices available for purchase in the
Generated subscription revenue by creating premium product features tied to a recurring subscription model.
Created value for users by providing a visual display of personal health & fitness data from multiple devices.
Managed costs by utilizing a scalable cloud storage solution for health and fitness data.
Now, we’re opening up the Health Graph and
RunKeeper.com to you!
By integrating with the Health Graph API, data from your app populates in an individual’s Health Graph. It can then be accessed by any other app, device or website that the user allows to access their Health Graph.
Acquire users, drive downloads and increase device sales.
Gain exposure to millions of passionate fitness enthusiasts through access to the RunKeeper.com FitnessFeed. Your app’s listing in the FitnessFeed connects directly to a landing page for your app or your product page in the RunKeeper.com Store.
Promote your app through users' social networks, and potentially reach millions of new users.
Generate revenue through RunKeeper’s Elite Subscription model.
- Earn 50% commission on Elite sales you drive.
- Incorporate existing premium Elite features into your app (RunKeeper Live, Advanced Fitness Reports, Advanced Fitness Alerts).
- Or, create new Elite features by building them into your app.
- Receive recurring payments through PayPal.
- Quickly get up and running - simply embed an Elite link that we provide into your app or website.
Add value to your app with RunKeeper.com's FitnessReports (data visualizations).
Provide a complete personal health picture to users by showcasing data from your app in RunKeeper FitnessReports alongside other apps using the Health Graph.
Access over 7 billion data points to create a relevant user experience.
Parse the Health Graph's rich data set to identify meaningful correlations between data points that can become the foundation for your app or device integration. Check out some of the stats available today through the Health Graph: